“City & Guides” is a trademark operated by the company Travel Pinto Pvt. Ltd., registered in the Democratic Republic of Nepal, whose registered office is located at, 16 Paknajol, 44600 Kathmandu, Nepal
Tour operator and Nepal travel agency specializing in adventure travel, hiking, trekking, we want to inform you of the measures implemented to protect your personal data and your privacy in accordance with the legislation in force and more particularly to provisions of the law. In application of the Legislation in force you have a right of access, opposition, rectification, deletion, portability and the limitation of the treatments on the personal data concerning you. For security reasons, your right to the portability of your personal data may only be exercised in our premises in your presence and upon presentation of a valid proof of identity.
As the person in charge of the processing of your personal data, City & Guides™ wishes to answer to your concerns about the confidentiality of the information that you transmit to us by all modes of communication in particular: site (s) published and exploited by City & Guides™, chat, telephone communications, go to an agency with our consultants to offer you our products and services.
When you provide us with your personal data, you authorize us to use it, analyze it, keep it and, if necessary, transmit it to our partners when the processing of your requests requires it. By providing us with personal data, you agree to this policy. Our policy is subject to change in order to take into account changes in the current legislation regarding personal data. We will keep you informed of any changes made.
- PERSONAL DATA TRANSMITTED TO CITY & GUIDES™
- A) DATA ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This is information about you as a natural or legal person, identified or identifiable, that you have voluntarily communicated to City & Guides™ and which are essential to the design and realization of your trip (such as your name, first name, etc.) , email address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth …). We inform you that the information that must be provided to City & Guides™ are clearly marked with an asterisk on our website www.citynguides.com. Information not marked with an asterisk is optional. For any contact on your behalf, by telephone or agency, your advisor gives you the essential information he needs.
- B) DATA RELATING TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES
As part of your request for quote and after your registration, you have the opportunity to fill in the details of one or more other people (other participants in the trip for example). In this case, the data of other people will be used by City & Guides™ only to ensure the processing of a quote request and subsequently a registration. If City & Guides™ wishes to use the data of other persons informed for a purpose other than those mentioned above, City & Guides™ seek prior consent. Therefore, you warrant to City & Guides™ that the other persons whose data you provide are informed of this transmission concerning them and accept it.
- C) MINORS
The various communication actions are not intended for use by minors without permission from their parents or legal guardian. A minor of at least 16 years can request a quote for the organization of a trip and provide the personal data necessary for this purpose. City & Guides™ will endeavor to verify the information given and the technological means available the age of the minor. Under no circumstances may the minor finalize, validate and pay for the trip without the consent of the person having parental authority. City & Guides™ makes reasonable efforts to verify that consent is given or authorized by the person having parental authority over the minor, taking into account the technological means available. In addition, City & Guides™ informs you that with regard to the Article of the Data Protection Act.
- D) SENSITIVE DATA
City & Guides™ is occasionally required to collect particular category data such as health data (disability, allergy or special conditions) and indirectly to know the religion, beliefs or personal beliefs of those involved, although this collection is never direct and only by deduction (case of diet). These data are only collected for the purposes of the organization of the transport and travel of the person concerned and will not be used in any other way.
- 2. DATA RELATING TO YOUR BROWSING ON THE SITE (COOKIES)
When browsing the City & Guides™ website, temporary cookies may be stored on your computer.
- 2. A) WHAT IS A COOKIE?
The term “cookie” (or “plotters”), covers all tracers deposited and / or read, especially when consulting a website. Indeed, when consulting our sites, information about you or about the navigation of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), may be read or saved in “cookies” files installed on your terminal, subject to the choices you have expressed about cookies and that you can change at any time. Cookies can have many purposes. Whatever the type of cookie, only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify information contained therein. Cookies are likely to be included in the advertising space of our sites. These ad slots display advertising content from advertisers on your device. These spaces contribute to the financing of the contents and the services that We put at your disposal. During your browsing on the website, City & Guides™ can save, in a dedicated space of the hard disk of your device (computer, tablet or smartphone), one or more “cookie” through the internet browser that you use and in depending on the settings you have selected on it in terms of cookies.
This information includes:
- The type of Internet browser you use
- The type of system and operating device you use to access the Service
- The domain name of your ISP
- The web page from which you come
- Country of residence and your language
- The pages and options that you visit and access on our Sites
The agreement on cookies:
Cookies do not generate or transmit computer viruses that could infect your device, they are only readable and recognizable by their issuer. You have the option of changing the cookie settings at any time. You will find below information about cookies and the different ways to manage the settings related to cookies on your browser.
The refusal of cookies:
In order to benefit from the best possible user experience, we advise you to set your browser according to the purpose of each cookie.
Cookies exempt from consent (legal provision):
Some cookies or plotters do not require the prior consent of the user. Indeed, strictly necessary cookies to provide a service specifically requested by the user.
For example, the following cookies do not require consent:
- “shopping cart” cookies for a merchant site;
- session ID cookies, for the duration of a session, or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- authentication cookies;
- persistent cookies customizing the user interface (choice of language or presentation).
- 2. B) COOKIES ON THE SITE
City & Guides™ may use the following types of cookies (banner at the bottom of the page):
- Session Management Cookies
- Audience measurement cookies (statistical cookies)
- Cookies required for some optional features
- Cookies related to targeted advertising
- Cookies of social networks generated in particular by their share buttons when they collect personal data
- 2.C) YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES
For Internet Explorer ™ ,
For Safari ™ ,
For Chrome ™ ,
For Firefox ™ ,
For Opera ™
- 3. FOR WHAT PURPOSES ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
- 3.A) RESPOND TO YOUR REQUESTS
When you come into contact with City & Guides™ via the various communication actions, the collection of your personal data may have the following purpose:
- The provision of access to the Site and access to your dedicated customer area to enable you, in particular, to consult your quotes and / or any information related to your travels
- Execution of the requests that you have made on the Site or by other communication actions (reservation with our partners, establishment of your sales contract, monitoring the realization of the services of your trip, followed by any requests from you as part of your trip including after the return of your trip, in accordance with the statutory limitation period …)
- The sending of newsletters and any other documentation (mail, travel diary) that you have requested
- Answer your questions
- Tell you about new trips or similar services that may interest you
- More generally, compliance with City & Guides™’ legal, regulatory, accounting and tax obligations
- Process requests and complaints made by or about yourself in connection with the trip
- 3.B) PRODUCE STATISTICS
As part of the improvement of our services, the personal data about you collected by City & Guides™ may also have the following purpose:
- The realization of statistical calculations concerning in particular the frequentation of the Site
- Surveys and surveys
- Conducting studies and research to improve your experience with City & Guides™
- 3.C) TO SOLICIT YOU ON THE OCCASION OF MARKETING OPERATIONS
Your data may also be used for commercial purposes:
- Management of all registration and unsubscription to newsletters at your request
- Communication of information about City & Guides™ and its partners: news, products and services, commercial prospection and personalized offers
- 4.HOW AND FOR HOW LONG?
- 4.A) SECURING YOUR DATA
As the person responsible for the processing of your personal data, City & Guides™ implements all the technical and organizational measures necessary to respect the protection of your personal data: access control, backups, traceability, security of premises, protection measures and standby to limit the amount of data processed with regard to the purposes pursued.
- 4.B) RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR DATA
We store this information for a duration that is proportionate and necessary for the purpose for which we process it and in any event for the duration necessary to fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation. The data are kept for a duration that does not exceed the duration necessary for the following purposes:
- Newsletter: your data will be kept as long as your subscription is active. You can terminate it at any time by unsubscribing in the link that will be indicated
- Quotation of travel services, registration and realization of travel services: the data necessary to process your request will be kept for the duration necessary for the establishment of a quote or a contract and for the duration of your trip in accordance with the applicable legislation and in any case for the duration necessary to meet a legal or regulatory
- Commercial offers: your data will be kept as long as you agree to receive our commercial offers. You can refuse them at any time by unsubscribing in the link that will be indicated
- Statistics and surveys: your data will be kept for the time needed to establish reliable statistics and the processing of surveys conducted with you, with your agreement
In any case, in the absence of contact from you for a period of five years, your personal data will be archived for another five years before their final deletion or anonymization.
- 5.FOR WHICH RECIPIENTS?
- 5.A) CITY & GUIDES™ AND ITS PARTNERS
We would like to inform you that in order to enable the fulfillment of the purposes mentioned in point III above, your data may be stored, processed and transferred to City & Guides™’ subsidiaries and / or partners, especially to suppliers of reserved services ( hoteliers, carriers …) or technical service providers (IT, hosting, email distribution, online payment service provider, etc.), which may be located outside the European Union.
- 5.B) THIRD NON-PARTNERS
City & Guides™ agrees not to transfer or sell personal data about you to third parties that are not partners. We do not share any personal data with agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes. If the law, an authority (eg the tax authorities or the security council of Nepal) or a judge were to compel City & Guides™ to provide personal data about you, City & Guides™ undertakes, as far as possible, to notify you (except if City & Guides™ is not allowed to do so especially given the legal or judicial obligations that may fall on it). Finally, we may buy or merge or be bought by another company or we may dispose of some or all of our assets. In such a case,
- 5.C)HOW ARE THE LINKS ON SITES REFERRING TO OTHER SITES AFFECTING ME?
We may occasionally place links on our Site linking to other websites and applications operated by third parties. These links are only present for your convenience and aim to add value to your visit. However, by including these links, we have no control over these websites and applications, which are independent of City & Guides™ and have separate privacy policies. When you leave our Site, be aware that our policies cease to apply. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the accuracy, relevance, availability, reliability, copyright, legality or decency of the material contained in the websites and third-party applications related to our Site.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- 7. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, UPDATE OR DELETE “YOUR SPACE” INFORMATION?
To modify one or more personal data entered in your Personal Area, log in to your personal secure area. You can also contact your advisor and / or send your request to the following email address: [email protected]