Chomolhari Base Camp Trek is also know as Jhomolhari base camp trekking. The sacrosanct mountain could be a awesome protest of regard and love to Bhutanese individuals and has one of the foremost well known trekking courses within the eastern Himalayas. Mount Chomolhari the second highest mountain in Bhutan at 7,134m is lying on the northern border with Tibet.
The trail to Chomolhari Base Camp Trek starts at the Drugyel Dzong and takes after the antiquated caravan course, heading towards the base camp of Mount Chomolhari followed via Chomolhari Base Camp , passing through scattered villages and farmland, into profound and luxuriously forested valleys, which leads to a tall elevated pastureland where yak herders brush their animals.
Tragically, cutting edge life has infringed on this course to a few degree, with an power supply taking after the path up the Paro Valley. In any case, see past the wires and you may be treated to astonishing view that ranges from the beautiful valleys of Paro and Thimphu, to the unimaginable mountain vistas of Chomolhari (7314m), Jichu Drake (6794m) and Tshrim Khang. Throughout the journey you may weave your way through rhododendron timberlands and over frigid streams.
Is Chomolhari Base Camp Trekking difficult?
The Chomolhari journey is moderate in difficulty in Bhutan Trek because it takes you closer in to the tall mountains, meaning you spend more time at a better elevation. You may be trekking on great trails but will definitely feel the impacts of elevation, as you quickly ascend over 3,500m on the primary day of the journey. Saying that, you just will have climbed up to the Tiger’s Settle Religious community on the past day, which can significantly offer assistance with acclimatization. Similar trekking Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Trip Highlights of Chomolhari Base Camp Trek :
- A scenic trek towards Bhutan’s sacred mountain, Chomolhari, on the border with Tibet.
- Cross the high passes of Nyile La and Yali La which have superb views of the eastern Himalaya.
- At the start of the trip we organize a visit to Haa valley for two nights in order to help essential acclimatization before the trek.
- Wonderful scenic walk along trails passing through traditional villages and magnificent monasteries.
- Sightseeing in Thimpu with your local Bhutanese guide.